Sunday, April 16, 2006

April 15-21 Matthew 6:5-18 Prayer



I believe the Lord's Prayer is the most clear stament from Jesus about Salvation, Community and our relationship with God. The early church would teach all new believer to understand the Lord's prayer as the foundation of their faith and relationship with God. In the evangelical church we often teach people to pray the "Jesus Prayer," but this prayer is not uttered by Jesus of found in the Bible. The "Lord Prayer" is what I believe we should be using to explain salvation and community to new believers.

There are 6 easily divided phrases in the Lord's prayer. We will discuss each of these at Emmaus on April 22nd and at our face to face on April 27th. The early church would take weeks pouring over these 6 phrases with new believers.

What maybe helpful for you in this space is to reflect on 1 or more of these phrases and what it teaches you about who God is.

1. Our Father in heaven

2. hallowed be your name

3. Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven

4. Give us today our daily bread.

5. Forgive us our debts, as we also forgive our debtors

6. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Next face-to-face discussion Thursday April 27th (6:30pm) at the IkeBox

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a fabulous reminder that God supplies everything I need for each day! For someone who needs to look forward to the future for hope, I can also get hung up on what God will do with my future and where He will lead me, trying to do His will, etc. But I lose track of the blessing I have in each day and the purpose God has for me in each day. Thank you God for your sweet provision!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma Attorney
Mesothelioma Attorney